Kyron Innovative Technologies
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician with a Pharma Company based in Carlow.
Applicants with a Mechanical Fitter trade certs are highly desirable.
Your Role: You will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting process devices, instrumentation and controls in support of vaccine manufacturing. You will ensure that objectives are effectively achieved, consistent with our Client’s requirements to ensure compliance, safety and reliable supply to their customers.
EU Work Permit essential
Length of contract: 11 months, full time
Salary: Max 25/hr
- Provide effective technical support to Production in all aspects of machine and equipment maintenance, installation and modification; perform detailed maintenance, calibrations, PMs and troubleshooting.
- Required to operate and clean the process equipment as necessary.
- Maintain process and production equipment, ensuring ongoing preventative maintenance, equipment troubleshooting and repairs to ensure continuous, reliable and repeatable operation of all equipment; drive Total Productive Maintenance.
- Ensure effective management and equipment shutdown scheduling, ensuring resources are available, thereby minimising downtime.
- Support maintenance planning and preventative maintenance through completion of planned and emergency work orders, calibrations, PMs etc.
- Document maintenance work, including upgrades, made to existing equipment, including preventative maintenance performed and parts used, to ensure appropriate documentation and records of repair history.
- Operate and monitor production support equipment, using MES/DCS and PLC based systems, to ensure optimum equipment uptime and target outputs, whilst facilitating continuous process improvements using Lean Principles.
- Operate, troubleshoot and repair complex systems which may include CIP, Autoclaves, Glassware Washers, production vessels, HVAC, Isolators, compressed gases, plant steam/condensate, bulk chemical distribution and wastewater treatment under minimal supervision in a highly regulated, cGMP environment.
- Interpret P&ID’s, equipment/system layouts, wiring diagrams, and specifications in planning and performing maintenance and repairs.
- Support continuous improvement by leading and active participation in repairs, upgrades, preventative maintenance and system failure investigations and investigation reports, execution/development of change control, and contribution to Kaizen events as appropriate.
- Perform root cause analysis of system failures, substandard equipment performance, using standard tools and methods, to resolve machine and system issues e.g. FMEA, Fishbone diagrams, 5 why’s etc.; implement subsequent corrective action through the change management system.
- Supply information and technical data for securing spare parts and equipment asset entry into the CMMS; liaise directly with vendors on supply of parts, upgrades to systems etc as necessary.
- Assist in general facility upkeep and provide responsive customer support with emphasis on customer satisfaction.
- Participate effectively in writing/revising/ rolling out accurate operational procedures, training materials and maintenance procedures for various IPT systems; ensure all work is carried out in line with same.
- Ensure that the team receives appropriate resources and programmes to develop technical and other skills, to complete their jobs whilst stimulating personal growth and development in line with their role.
- Develop and maintain training programmes.
- Required to comply with Client Global Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, regulatory requirements and execute current Good manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the performance of day to day activities and all applicable job functions.
- Work collaboratively to drive a safe and compliant culture in Carlow.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent required.
- Time served Apprenticeship or equivalent Certificate/Diploma as a Mechanical Fitter.
- Prior related work experience; ideally in a manufacturing, preferably GMP setting.
- Troubleshooting and maintaining process instrumentation and equipment
- Understanding of mechanical pneumatic processes
- Sterile filling processes
- Knowledge of regulatory/code requirements to Irish, European and International Codes, Standards and Practices
- Report, standards, policy writing skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and job related computer applications required
- Lean Six Sigma Methodology experience desired.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to interface effectively with all levels of colleagues in a team environment, and with external customers.
- Customer service
- Vendor liaison
- Flexible approach
- Effective time management and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Troubleshooting skills
- Goal/results orientated
- Focus on Customers and Patients
- Act with Candor and Courage
- Make Rapid, Disciplined Decisions
- Demonstrate Ethics and Integrity
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
- Candidates shortlisted will be required to do an aptitude test with the client, before interview.
About Kyron Innovative Technologies
Our clients in the Semiconductor, Pharmaceutical and Data Centre sectors rely on us to ensure that their new or existing facilities operate at peak performance. Our expert staff of engineers assist in confirming whether critical infrastructure systems are designed and subsequently installed properly and maintained successfully over time. Our commissioning team works with the design, construction and quality team throughout the Full Life Cycle Commissioning process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com